Welcome to Altec Careers
Are you looking for an opportunity to build and grow your career? Are you looking for a way to make a difference? Or, searching for a path that leads to learning and fulfillment in an exciting, innovative environment? Well, you can find it here — at Altec.
We were founded upon, and continue to utilize values that place the customer first and view people as our greatest strength. Throughout our history, these values have helped us earn the confidence of our customers worldwide. That’s why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service. It’s our priority to ensure we recruit and retain the best in the industry.
From career development to global opportunities, Altec offers a variety of ways to help build the career you’ve always wanted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and have a standard and consistent approach to the recruitment and selection of employees in order to provide every suitably experienced person with an equal opportunity to obtain employment with us. We abide by all relevant Privacy Legislation.
Altec Australia a subsidiary of Altec Inc, is an industry leader in the design, manufacture, sale and service of truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment, including elevated work platforms and pole borers.
We are seeking trade qualified Boilermaker/Welder for structural and heavy plate fabrication work for our Altec product range, located at our Leongatha plant.
- Completing tasks in required timeframes
- Read and interpret technical drawings
- Read and interpret spec sheets and job cards
- Learn and operate all equipment within the work area
- The ability to move to other work areas in order to support production needs
- Verification of work according specification and work orders
- Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment
- Maintain daily time sheets
- Quality of own work
- Carry out plant and equipment checks as required
- Mentoring/training other employees as required
- Resolving production/task issues as required
- Safe operation of mechanical equipment.
- Using hand and small power tools.
- Wearing personal protective equipment.
- Comply with Company Policy & Procedures
- Other duties as assigned.